Sometimes surgical procedures might be needed during orthodontic treatment when malocclusion is severe and beyond the limits of treatment with fixed dental braces. This orthodontic surgery procedure is called orthognathic surgery. Continue reading
There has been an increase in adults seeking orthodontic treatment over the recent years and it can be due to various reasons that include:
- Improved dental awareness with the advent of preventive dentistry and teeth are retained longer in the mouth.
- The issue of esthetic concern has reduced due to the introduction of ceramic and lingual brackets.
- Orthodontics or the wearing of teeth braces is now socially acceptable and can be a sign of affluence.
- Recommended by general dentists for restorative and periodontal care.
- Insurance and claims for dental treatment in some countries. Continue reading