What is Hydro floss oral irrigator?
ThÐµ Hydro Floss Oral Irrigator Ñ–Ñ• a dental care system thÐ°t can be used at home. It uses a flow Î¿f water tÎ¿ irrigate thÐµ spaces between ÑƒÎ¿Ï…r teeth Ð°nd gums that may have been missed by regular brushing and flossing.
What are its benefits?
- Improves gum health (if you have gingivitis or periodontitis) and prevents gum disease
- Prevents bad breath
- Prevents tooth decay
- Can be used even if you have braces, crowns and bridges.
How does Hydro floss work?
Hydro floss combines magnetohydrodynamics with the properties of an oral irrigator.Â As water is passed through the machine, the magnetic field causes a change of polarity in the water molecules. To understand how this helps in removing bacteria and plaque, or tartar, youâ€™ll have to understand the mechanism by which they attach to tooth surface:
Teeth have a positive charge on their surface, while bacteria and minerals are negatively charges, so they become attracted to one another and form a bond. By changing the polarity of water using the Hydro floss, the water can inhibit the bacteria’s ability to adhere to teeth.
It produces somewhat of an invisible coating throughout the mouth that you can’t see, but can feel. Clinical studies have proven its efficiency in plaque and calculus reduction (The Clinical Journal of Periodontology, May 1993). It is as if you had your teeth professionally cleaned!
How does it defer from/advantages over traditional flossing?
Flossing plays a very important part in the daily care of your teeth. However, letâ€™s look at some of the disadvantages, which may well be the reason many people neglect to adopt this habit:
- Flossing can be tedious, especially since one is required to floss daily.
- Sometimes flossing can hurt the fingers.
- It can be hard to reach the back teeth, particularly for those with big hands.
- If you apply too much pressure during flossing, your gums may bleed and feel sore afterwards.
- Flossing serves to dislodge food particles from the spaces between your teeth, but the food particle may get stuck elsewhere in the mouth
- Flossing is unable to remove food particles from inside your gum flaps.
- You will need to purchase special or customized floss if you are wearing braces or have bridges.
The Hydrofloss overcomes all these problems above bÐµÑÐ°Ï…Ñ•Ðµ thÐµ long, angled jet tips mÐ°kÐµ Ñ–t very easy tÎ¿ ÑlÐµÐ°n around ÐµÎ½ÐµrÑƒ single tooth, beneath your gum pockets, and even if youâ€™re wearing braces or bridges. It takes little practice tÎ¿ gÐµt used tÎ¿ handling thÐµ jet tips. It gives ÑƒÎ¿Ï…r mouth a thorough cleaning without injuring your gums or your fingers. At any rate, the hydro floss oral irrigator is faster, easier, and more effective than traditional flossing.
How does it defer from Water pik?
Water pik is a similar device that has been around for much longer. The big difference between the two is that hydro floss produces ionized water molecules as the water molecules pass through the magnetic fields within the machine, resulting in interference with the mechanism by which bacteria and tartar adhere to the surfaces of teeth. Meanwhile, the Waterpik is based upon removing plaque and particles with a high pressure stream of water.
The Hydrofloss has some other advantages over the water pik:
- Effective in treatment of bad breath (halitosis), as the bacterias causing halitosis are unable to bind to tooth
- Prevents the development of morning time dental film (plaque)
- Reduces staining of teeth
- Does not have the tendency to injure gum tissue
Â What are the disadvantages?
- Quite costly
- Takes up significant space in the bathroom
- Not as convenient to bring on trips, though it is portable
- Uses extra electricity
Does that mean I no longer need to brush and floss my teeth?
By all means, no! Despite the drawbacks of traditional flossing compared to using hydrofloss (as mentioned above), traditional flossing is still the cheapest and time-tested way of removing debris from spaces between teeth, and the importance of tooth brushing with fluoride toothpaste should never be discounted. Hydrofloss is there to further assist you by cleaning the areas areas unreachable or missed by brushing and flossing. Using hydrofloss is also not an excuse to not visit your dentist anymore. On the other hand, if you have never been bothered with flossing, and do not plan to anytime in the future, the hydrofloss can definitely work wonders for you.
Should I use tap water or distilled water?
It is better to use tap water with the minerals. The clinical studies that were done on the Hydrofloss were done with tap water. The reason for this, is the hydromagnetic technology. The Hydrofloss places an electrical charge on the minerals and reverses their polarity