Amelogenesis is the
- Amelogenesis is formation of enamel on tooth Â and
- occurs during the crown stage of tooth development
- Amelogenesis occurs after dentinogenesis,
- Since dentin must be present for enamel to be formed,
- laying down of dentine induces ameloblasts to secrecte enamel
- this is termed reciprocal induction.
Amelogenesis occurs in 3 stages.
- The first stage is known as the Pre-secretaryÂ phase,
- the second stage is known as the secretary phase and
- third stage is called the Â maturation stage. Continue reading